Translate

11 February 2018

Woman loses RM3000 in online deal buying gold bracelet


Woman says she lost RM3,000 in online deal

METRO NEWS


Saturday, 10 Feb 2018




by ivan loh


Noor Suhana (right) with Mohd Rawi showing the empty Pos Laju envelope and the police report she made.



A businesswoman was shocked to receive a package supposed to contain a bracelet she had bought from a seller on Facebook, with nothing inside.

Noor Suhana Harun, 35, said when she collected the package at the Pos Laju counter in Ipoh on Feb 2, she realised it felt a lot lighter than it should have.

“I tried to shake the package and it made no sound. When I opened it, it was empty inside. I also got my colleagues to film me opening the package to ensure that I have evidence that I was not trying to cheat anyone," she said during a press conference held by Perak Barisan Nasional Public Complaints Bureau chief Mohd Rawi Abdullah on Tuesday.

Noor Suhana said she bought the bracelet from a seller through a Facebook group that sells pre-owned jewellery last month.

“I traded in my necklace and ring for RM1,634 and added on another RM1,398 for a necklace and bracelet,” she said, adding that her losses totalled RM3,032.

Noor Suhana said her necklace and ring were sent to an address in Terengganu.

She said the seller told her that the bracelet was too long and it needed to be shortened by someone who would then ship it to her separately from the necklace.

“I received the necklace in a separate package, but not the bracelet,” she said, adding that she lodged a police report on Monday.

“I hope the seller will return my money,” she added.

Mohd Rawi said Noor Suhana also uploaded the video she recorded to the Facebook group but was criticised for doing so.

“She was attacked relentlessly and accused of trying to cheat, when it appears she was the one who was cheated.

Mohd Rawi also urged the public to be more careful when dealing with the sale of items online, especially on social media platforms.

“It's not wrong to do so, but do check first whether the seller is trustworthy or not,” he added.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news/2018/02/10/woman-says-she-lost-rm3000-due-to-online-deal/#dEE2mh3HVIpwtFcT.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED