Translate

20 October 2017

Ed Sheeran reveals doctors told him he’d NEVER play the guitar again if he didn’t cancel his tour


 BIG FEAR 
Ed Sheeran reveals doctors told him he’d NEVER play the guitar again if he didn’t cancel his tour

The singer broke his wrist, an elbow and a rib in a bike accident earlier this month
ED Sheeran feared he would never play guitar again after he broke both arms following a bike accident.
Speaking on The Jonathan Ross Show this Saturday, the hit singer says he was forced to cancel forthcoming gigs in case of making the injury worse.
 Ed Sheeran reveals doctors told him he would never play guitar again unless he cancels his tour, during an appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show
REX FEATURES
8
Ed Sheeran reveals doctors told him he would never play guitar again unless he cancels his tour, during an appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show
He tells the talk show host: “I tried to say I’ll carry on doing the shows but they said if I put any more stress on it, I might not be able to play [guitar] again so it’s good to be sensible.”
On his recovery, he says: “They are saying four weeks and then we’ll look at it.”
The singer had been due to kick of a tour in Asia on October 22 but was forced to cancel many forthcoming shows after his injuries left him unable to perform.
He tells Jonathan: “I broke my wrist, my elbow and my rib. I came off a bike quite fast, a bicycle, a pedal bike.I was in Suffolk [going down a really steep hill]."
 Ed admits he is a clumsy guy
REX FEATURES
8
Ed admits he is a clumsy guy
 Ed says he continued to cycle to the pub after his fall
REX FEATURES
8
Ed says he continued to cycle to the pub after his fall
"The thing is, when it happened, I got up and was like, ‘That hurt’ and then cycled to the pub. Went home, went to sleep and then woke up at five o’clock in the morning in a lot of pain. And then went to the hospital.
Revealing he wasn't wearing a helmet or pads when he crashed, he vows to not get back on a bike again "for a while" as he has a "big tour next year."
He says: “I do a one man show so me not having my arms is half of the show
 Ed appears on the show alongside Rita Ora, Gordon Ramsey and Russell Howard
REX FEATURES
8
Ed appears on the show alongside Rita Ora, Gordon Ramsey and Russell Howard
 Ed appears with his arm in a sling
REX FEATURES
8
Ed appears with his arm in a sling
But the award-winning musician says he wasn't too surprised at the accident due to his clumsy nature.
He recalls: "I remember before a show in 2013 I had to have 12 stitches in my hand because I was playing drums with two beer bottles at about four o’clock in the morning and smashed my hand.
"But I did a show after that and, it wasn’t fine, but I did a show. Then I put my foot in a boiling geyser in Iceland, I had my face cut open, I’m a very clumsy person.”
 Ed was set to play some dates in Asia
REX FEATURES
8
Ed was set to play some dates in Asia
 Ed discusses taking a year off to avoid the slide into substance abuse
REX FEATURES
8
Ed discusses taking a year off to avoid the slide into substance abuse
Ed also discusses the darker side of fame and admits he took a year off when he found himself "slipping into substance abuse."
He says: “I just focused on other things. I focused on work and I can’t work under the influence, I can’t write songs under the influence, I can’t perform under the influence so the more I worked the less [that happened].
"It just started gradually happening and then some people took me to one side and were like, ‘Calm yourself down’... It’s all fun to begin with, it all starts off as a party and then you’re doing it on your own and it’s not so that was a wake up call and taking a year off."
The star also credits girlfriend Cherry Seaborn with helping to keep his feet on the ground.
He says: "I’ve rekindled with a girl I went to high school with and we live together now and I think that was a real help grounding me.
"I was a 25 year old in the music industry on tour so I just needed someone to balance me out.”
Injured Ed Sheeran on the Q Awards red carpet talking about his cancelled gigs after bike accident
 Ed also credits girlfriend Cherry Seaborn with helping keep his feet on the ground
REX FEATURES
8
Ed also credits girlfriend Cherry Seaborn with helping keep his feet on the ground
The Jonathan Ross Show is on Saturday October 21 at 10.20pm on ITV

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4725234/ed-sheeran-reveals-doctors-told-him-hed-never-play-the-guitar-again-if-he-didnt-cancel-his-tour/

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED