Translate

13 February 2017

Sports Minister Khairy is maintaining his decision not to contest for the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) presidency if Tengku Mahkota of Johor confirms his candidacy.

Image result for tmj fam

If TMJ confirms candidacy for FAM presidency, I'm out: Khairy

NST 
PUTRAJAYA: Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin is maintaining his decision not to contest for the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) presidency if Tengku Mahkota of Johor (TMJ) Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim confirms his candidacy.
"I have met with representatives of the association who had nominated (me) for the post, and I have made it clear (to the public) as to the reasons why they nominated me.
"But if TMJ is contesting, I don't need to be there. I have other things to do also," Khairy told reporters today.
He also said that he has yet to 'get hold' of FAM secretary-general Datuk Hamidin Mohd Amin.
"I think he is 'running away' from me. But I will see him at some point today, although my day is kind of full," he added.
Yesterday, Khairy said he would meet Hamidin to fill in the application form for the presidency contest.
Three others figures nominated to helm the FAM are Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT) club owner TMJ, former FAM deputy president Tan Sri Annuar Musa and FAM Integrity Committee chairman Tan Sri Aseh Che Mat.
So far, only Annuar, who is also Kelantan Football Association (Kafa) president, has confirmed that he is contesting the post in the FAM Congress on March 25.
Khairy was met at a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signing event between the Johor Petroleum Development Corporation Berhad (JPDC) and the ministry, to encourage youth participation in the downstream oil & gas sector.
Commenting on the violent disturbance which broke out at the Penang Stadium yesterday, Khairy said the issue must be seriously addressed for the sake of the security of fans.
"I hope the new leadership of FAM will be able to address this," he added.
The disturbance was instigated by fanatical supporters of the ‘Black Panthers’ outside the stadium, following the defeat of the Penang team in their Super League match against Sarawak.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED