Translate

28 September 2016

16-year-old Penangite Jeryl Lee Pei Ling dream has now come true. She has qualified for the grand final of Sing! China competition on Oct 7.(video)






Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Jeryl on song as she enters final
THE STAR



Smile: Jeryl taking a selfie with her mother Ivy during a press conference in George Town.



GEORGE TOWN: Penangite Jeryl Lee Pei Ling always dreamt of having her own concert at the famous Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird’s Nest.

The 16-year-old girl’s dream has now come true. She has qualified for the grand final of Sing! Chinacompetition on Oct 7.

Despite being the youngest contestant, Lee, who is of mixed Chinese-Indian parentage, put up a sterling performance to win the hearts of the judges comprising her mentor China’s Na Ying, and Wang Feng, as well as Taiwan’s Jay Chou and Harlem Yu last Saturday.

“I never thought about going so far as all the other contestants were doing so well too. I am really happy that I’ve made it to the final.



“My dad Lee Luan Sung and mum Ivy Liew will be in China to support me during the final,” she said during an interview organised by Huawei Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd at 1st Avenue Mall, Penang, yesterday.

The petite lass is back in Penang for some video shooting for the grand final.

“I will do my best not to disappoint my supporters,” she said, adding that she believed every song has its own story.

As for her mentor – Chinese singer Na Ying – Lee described her as a patient person who was willing to teach her new things.

“She advised me to improve my pronunciations and also reminded me that I am still young, and should be willing to learn,” she said.

For now, Lee will just enjoy the Penang food she missed most while she was away in China and treasure the time with her family.

“Every morning, I would drink a glass of warm water and start singing in the bathroom.

“I still take spicy food, and fried stuff even though some people say they’re bad for my vocal chords,” she said.

In a video clip sent to the show organiser in 2014, Lee admitted that she was an adopted child.

“I have never seen my biological parents but I am blessed as my adopted parents love me so much,” she was heard saying during the show.

During the ceremony, Huawei Technologies northern region general manager Eason Yong presented a new Huawei P9 smartphone to Lee as a gift for making the grand final.

The other finalists are Singapo­rean Nathan Hartono, 25, and Chinese nationals Wang Chenrui, 25, Xu Geyang, 20, Jiang Dunhao, 21, and Yang Meina, 27.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED