Translate

26 August 2016

A photographer from the Bernama News Channel (BNC) was burnt on his left thigh when a powerbank in his bag burst

Image result for powerbank bernama photographer

Powerbank bursts in flames, burns photographer's thigh

KUALA LUMPUR: A photographer from the Bernama News Channel (BNC) was burnt on his left thigh when the powerbank he kept in his bag suddenly burst in flames.
In the incident at 12.30 pm today, the victim who only wanted to be known as Awie, 43, said he was covering an event in Chow Kit at that time.
“I was sitting on a chair with my bag on my lap when suddenly, a woman screamed when she saw the bottom of my bag on fire,” he told Bernama when contacted here.
He then sought treatment at a clinic in Taman Melawati for the injury to his left thigh.
“The powerbank was a gift I received while on assignment and I had just started using it yesterday. I had charged it to the maximum, but had not used it,” he said.
He added that as a result of the incident, his left thigh was burnt, two pen drives in the bag were also burnt and the bag had to be thrown away as there were burnt marks and holes at the bottom. -- Bernama

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED