Translate

23 September 2015

Jamal Yunos denies reports linking him to rape attempt on movie star

Jamal Yunos denies reports linking him to rape attempt on movie star


     
    KUALA LUMPUR: Sungai Besar Umno division chief Datuk Jamal Md Yunos (pic) has denied reports that he drugged and attempted to rape a Malaysian movie star.
    "I deny that I was involved in any of these activities as claimed by social media users," he said during Wednesday's press conference at the Ampang Jaya police station.
    "This is a very irresponsible act."
    Jamal also condemned those who negatively linked him to the actress.
    "When I checked the accusations, I saw that the attempted rape claim was not a statement released by the actress. It was a statement by other people who linked me to it. When I checked all the accusations, there were no statements by the actress, so you call and ask her," he said.
    Although strongly denying the claims in social media, Jamal however admitted that he knows the actress in question through his work as a businessman dealing in the entertainment industry.
    "I know many artistes because I am a businessman and I also own an entertainment company supplying equipment. And many artistes know me," he said in response to media queries.
    "I know her. I know many other artistes, and have met Siti Nurhaliza and the rest," he said.
    He then jokingly warned the media not to spin his statement, saying that he had made at least 17 police reports on a wide array of false social media accusations against him.
    Among the other accusations that Jamal refuted were that he allegedly received RM3mil from Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak to organize the red-shirt rally, that he threatened to spit and step on former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and that Chinese were not allowed into his restaurant.
    The reports were lodged against those who accused him and those who shared the claims on social media.
    Jamal said that he will lodge more police reports on the rest of the allegations.
    "Before this maybe people would not make police reports over Whatsapp and Telegram messages. But when I saw the extreme nature of the allegations, I could not take it lightly because it involves my job as a businessman and politician," he said.
    Jamal is one of the main organisers of the Malaysia Day red-shirt rally, where tens of thousands took to the streets to uphold Malay empowerment and oppose the recent Bersih 4 protest.
    He had made several controversial statements before, during and after the rally.
    DSC_9714
    KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 23, 2015:
    Sungai Besar Umno division chief Datuk Jamal Md Yunos admits to knowing and having met actress Eina Azman but denies allegations that he attempted to rape her.
    According to Jamal, as a businessman who owns an entertainment company, it was obvious he would have met many artistes.
    “I know many artistes because I am a businessman and I have an entertainment company.
    “I know her (Eina) and many others I have met. I have also met (Datuk) Siti Nurhaliza before, as well as other artistes,” he said after lodging a police report outside the Ampang Jaya district police headquarters here, today.
    The report was lodged following various slander being thrown against him on social media, one of which included the claim that he had attempted to rape the actress.He added that the statement linking him as the individual who had tried to rape Eina was not made by the actress herself.
    “I don’t see it as a statement made by the artiste herself.
    “That was a statement by someone else wanting to involve me. I have checked, the artiste never made any such statements.”
    Commenting further on the reason for him lodging the police report today, Jamal said at least 17 reports have been made with regards to people slandering him on social media.
    “I lodged reports on slander and lies on social media which are not true and is getting more ridiculous by the day.
    “I also deny my involvement in things being alleged on social media about Eina, about me wanting to spit at Tun Mahathir, about me receiving RM3 million to organise the rally and many others.”

    Popular Posts - Last 7 days

    Popular Posts - Last 30 days

    LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED