Translate

30 May 2015

Brazil's Football Legend Pele who was in Malaysia for 2 days Wants to Come Back on an Unofficial Visit

M’sia scores with the legendary Pele


     
    KUALA LUMPUR: He was here just for two days but Pele’s short stay in Malaysia left enough impact on him that he wants to return.
    “Recently, while undergoing surgery, I remembered that I had to go to Malaysia. I prayed and thanked God I am here in this beautiful country.
    “It was a beautiful welcome. I hope I won’t disappoint in this campaign. I also hope I can come back again on an unofficial visit,” said the 74-year-old Pele after launching “The Great Stay Thirsty” campaign by 100Plus at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) yesterday.
    Pele and Brazil and Chelsea superstar Oscar, who are the first international ambassadors signed by 100Plus, were in Kuala Lumpur to launch the campaign, train young players, speak to national players and meet 100 lucky fans in KLCC.

    “Playing football was a gift of God. But to me, the most important thing is to be a good person first. That was advice my father gave to me,” said the football legend.
    Youth and Sports minister Khairy Jamaluddin., who was also at the event, recalled a moment of brilliance from the Brazilian in the 1970 World Cup.
    “He does not belong to one generation.
    “I was not even born in the 1970s and yet it was the move that he did in the 1970 World Cup that I tried to do the most when I was a kid.
    “Pele did a dummy against the Uruguayan keeper. He did not even touch the ball, the ball went past the keeper, he went around it and shot at goal but it did not go in. I will always remember that as a moment of magic,” said Khairy, drawing applause from the legend himself.
    Khairy said Pele had inspired people from his generation and even now was undoubtedly the greatest footballer of all time.
    Oscar said Pele was his first idol and had always been an inspiration to which Pele jokingly responded by saying: “I will kill him if he said no. But I have seen Oscar since he was eight and he is a talented lad.
    “You must be a good person first, off and on the field. Then only you will excel further,” he added.
    As part of the campaign, Pele also shared his experiences with national football team players – goalkeeper Khairul Fahmi Che Mat, midfielder Joseph Kallang Tie and winger Christie Jeyaseelan.

    Popular Posts - Last 7 days

    Popular Posts - Last 30 days

    Blog Archive

    LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED