Translate

25 September 2013

MAN GETS CHEATED BY A PRETTY FACE OFFERING TO SELL IPHONES ONLINE

Lorry driver duped out of RM1,450 by a pretty face

Monica Yu Pik Lang.
Monica Yu Pik Lang.

JOHOR BARU: Easily trusting of a pretty face, a 28-year-old port lorry driver got cheated of RM1,450 which he banked in into her account in return for two second hand I-phones.
Mohd Shahril Hassan gushed and admitted that he may have been too trusting of the attractive looking woman, known as Monica Yu Pik Lang.
“This is the first time that I have tried purchasing anything online and I was attracted to her profile on WeChat (a social networking mobile application).
“On her main profile page, she had advertised for anyone who wanted to purchase second hand mobile phones to contact her and so I did,” he said when speaking to reporters on Sept 25.
Mohd Shahril then said that he then chatted with her for about three weeks before eventually requesting to purchase two I-phone 4S.
Mohd Shahril Hassan with his police report 
 
“She usually went straight to the point and we chatted about the rates for the second hand phones and possible discounts that she could offer me,” he said during a press conference on the matter.
He added that after settling on paying RM750 for each phone, the woman then insisted that he bank in the money to her account (The market price for a new I-phone 4S is about RM1,200).
“I wanted to pay her in cash and wanted to see the phones before I purchased them but she was insistent that I deposit the money into her account,” he said.
He said that he eventually deposited a total of RM1,450 after being given an additional RM50 discount to her Maybank account at around 1.45pm on Sept 23.
“Once I deposited the money, I send her a picture of the slip and she told me that she would pass the phones to me at the McDonald’s restaurant in City Square here.
“I however waited for more than two hours and she did not show up nor reply to the messages that I sent her via WeChat,” he said.
Mohd Shahril said that he then realised that he was cheated and lodged a police report the same day.



THE STAR

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED